Saturday, December 5, 2009

What do YOU want for Christmas?


So we've been telling the girls that Christmas is coming and that we celebrate Jesus' birth on Christmas. So..whenever we mention the word "Christmas," they think of Jesus! So, when we asked them one day "What do you want for Christmas?" And their response, in unison, was "Jesus!" We thought it was kinda funny... and sweet. :) But the more they KEEP saying this, the more I realize how RIGHT they are. The BEST present Addison, Emily, and Hailey could EVER give us as their parents, would be for them to WANT Jesus in their hearts and in their lives. To always want MORE of Him each year. Now I find myself praying that they remember what they said when they were just 2 years old...and that they remember HOW they keep saying it...with such exuberance. It's no wonder Jesus said "Let the little children come to me...for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." I'm amazed at what my girls can teach me at such a young age. May we all become more like a child in our exuberance and willingness to come to Him this Christmas season! :)

1 comment:

Jess and Brad said...

Oh boy - adorable!!! I love listening to them talk! And I can't wait to see them in person again - Brad and I are going to bbsit with Shane and Jody on the 17th (hopefully that's okay!)... :)